11 Apr Episode 031: Interview With Robin by Kim Robbins
Welcome to good friend, photographer, and artist, Kim Robbins! Today’s episode changes things up a bit: Kim interviews Robin, your podcast host. In Kim’s interview with Robin, we learn more about Robin — how she lives her life and why she started the Audacious Life podcast. She shares with you what being audacious really means to her and why this word has stuck with her for so many years. Kim asks Robin the 3Ws — a series of essential questions that Robin asks all of her guests. You’ll find out why the 3Ws are so important for women to ask themselves today.
Robin really believes women must recognize their own biggest gift they bring to life and then own that gift to live life on purpose. There are many things Robin does to balance her physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health. She shares with you some helpful tips that she has learned along the way.
She also discusses her hobbies, favorite books, and what her biggest dream is for all of us. If you are feeling stuck in any aspect of your life, we hope that this episode will leave you feeling inspired, motivated, calm, and, of course, audacious in every possible way!
Key Points From Kim’s Interview With Robin
- Robin’s background in fitness and how the Audacious Life podcast was born
- What being audacious really means to Robin
- Why it has taken Robin 49 years to figure out who she is
- Why Robin came up with the 3W’s and why she asks all of her guests these essential questions
- Recognizing your biggest gift: find out how Robin found hers and owned it!
- Where are we as women today? Holding each other up versus being competitive.
- Why we as women cannot lose sight of the value of the men in our lives
- Tools, tricks, tips, and software that Robin uses to make her life easier
- What Robin’s hobby is and why she can’t live without it
- Why To Kill A Mocking Birdis still Robin’s favorite book and movie to date
- How Robin balances her marriage, work, and family life
- Robin shares the moment in her life when she started serious self-inquiry.
- Difficult situations: Robin’s advice for living with elderly and sickly parents.
- Weekly practices that Robin does with her husband to stay connected
- Robin’s tips for balancing physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual health
- Robin recommendations to those who are stuck in their writing or their art
- What Robin’s biggest dream for the future is
Tweetables From Kim’s Interview With Robin
“Just being able to talk to women about their own lives, was enriching my life.” — @TheRobinWSmith[0:03:20.0]
“I want to be able to go through life on purpose and for women to come on that journey with me.” — @TheRobinWSmith[0:07:34.0]
“Everybody has to find that thing that is bigger than themselves if we are to live a full life.” — @TheRobinWSmith[0:14:50.0]
“In my opinion, there is no better way to heal than to write.” — @TheRobinWSmith[0:32:10.0]