14 Mar Episode 029 Surviving the Spring Time Change
Today on the show I talk about surviving the spring time change. Ever since I can remember, when the time changes I seem to just drag myself through the week. I feel lethargic, slow, and out of sync. It’s funny how much that one-hour shift can really just shake things up for me!
However, I have decided that this is okay and that the week of the spring-forward time change is a good time to hold back. Although this might seem like such a trivial subject on the surface, I think it is something worth talking about. From my own experience and from the experience of those around me, the spring time change can throw us off, and this can mean we won’t perform at our best.
If you are feeling the same at this time of year, I have some helpful tips and tricks for you to better survive the time change. I’ll be sharing these with you in this episode, so take a listen!
Key Points From This Episode
- First things first: back off and get into your natural rhythm.
- Know that you’re going to be tired and break your schedule in half
- Learn more about the importance of self-care during this week
- Why nutrition is key when we are feeling lethargic and tired
- A few suggestions for more restorative activities you can add to your day
- A good reason to get your space organized and clean your closet out
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Why water is the best energy drink out there.
- Updates on the podcast and upcoming episodes
“It’s funny that an hour can really just shake things up!” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:01:55.0]
“There are so many things you can do to restore yourself this week.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:05:45.0]
“This is a good week to do more restorative work.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:06:30.0]