23 Feb Episode 027: Interview With Elizabeth Showers
On today’s show we host the amazing and audacious Elizabeth Showers. Elizabeth owns and runs her own jewelry business, which she started over 20 years ago. We chat about her work and how her business has been so successful. We discuss her lifestyle, philosophy, and practices and how these tie everything together.
Elizabeth is a firm believer and practitioner of mindfulness and meditation and is committed to being a positive influence to those around her. During our discussion we look through all these elements and really unpack Elizabeth’s inspiring story and outlook.
If you are interested in the business side or are looking for an inspiring personal story or both, this is the episode for you! So tune in and hear what she has to say about her audacious life!
Key Points From This Episode:
- An introduction to Elizabeth and her jewelry business
- How Elizabeth started her business more than 20 years ago
- Getting her products stocked in Neiman Marcus and other retailers
- Being a human being and being here now
- Awareness and mindfulness toward being the best role model
- The importance of meditation in Elizabeth’s life
- What an audacious life looks like to Elizabeth and how she is still exploring this
- The role of Elizabeth’s studies in education in shaping her worldview
- Elizabeth’s decision to host an “end of an era sale” and what this signifies
- Overcoming the negative inner voice and the starting point for this victory
- Tips, tricks and daily practices from Elizabeth to leading an audacious life
- The concept of creating more space and why this is Elizabeth’s current mantra
- Morning routine and the importance of a good night’s sleep
- To do lists, journalling and blogging and the usefulness of writing things out
- Elizabeth’s favorite apps that she uses regularly
- And much more!
“I really am just a human being and I am in this present moment with you.” — @ebethshowers [0:12:08.1]
“I was looking for a way to really stimulate my brain in a different way and so I decided to do this teacher training.” — @ebethshowers [0:31:49.4]
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode