17 Jul Episode 009: Audacious Life Lesson – My5: Building Your Tribe
Today on the podcast is another Audacious Life Lesson. Now, I have lived enough life to know that we are just getting started, so there is always another lesson to be learned. Many of the lessons you will learn here are from the Audacious Life Formula 2.0, which I teach one-on-one in live workshops. In today’s episode, we are going to talk about the people we surround ourselves with and whether or not they are good for us and how we can change that and create a tribe, which I call My5. It is a fact that we take on the traits of the five people we spend most of our time with. So stay tuned to hear the story of my tribe and the five people that I surround myself with, how I found them, and the best strategies for you to find your five.
Key Points From This Episode:
- The importance of vulnerability in building strong relationships.
- How to allow your friends to love you and get to know the real you.
- Learning to give yourself permission to choose the people you spend the most time with.
- Why it is important to surround yourself with people that hold you up.
- Understanding how to live with integrity and live up to your potential to be a great friend.
- The importance of being open to allow others to earn the right to know your story.
- Strategies for finding and choosing the five people to surround yourself with.
“It is a fact that we become and we take on the traits of the five people we spend most of our time with.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:01:18.0]
“In order for people to actually get some success out of anything they’re doing, they have to have some skin in the game.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:04:22.0]
“It’s important that we surround ourselves with people that hold us up.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:06:19.0]
“When we distance ourselves from people that are not good for us or not healthy for us, it does not mean that we don’t love them.” — @TheRobinWSmith [0:07:40.0]
“People have to earn the right to know your story.” — @BreneBrown [0:08:31.0]